Saturday, December 10, 2011

I'm Not Here, Please Leave A Message At The Beep

I am trying to get the hang of this.  I'm afraid I've reached a saturation point with technology at this age.  I'm still not sure that I can remember one more password. I'm also feeling attracted to the ability to randomly send out thoughts as they become important enough to feel like sharing them.  Kind of like a newspaper columnist.  I'm hoping that the string of thoughts aren't so random.  Maybe there will be a thread or an undercurrent of symbolism that makes sense.  I can't stand the need to say something meaningful with every word.  That's what I can't stand about Facebook posts.  It's either vapid, like "Banana waffles!"  or emotionally diffused. As if stating what is felt becomes too trite when shouted out over social networking.  The mind, and it's personality, love Facebooking.  They love to be "Liked."  I notice the wave of satisfaction that happens when my posts are liked and now you know that I'm registering how many and who exactly likes your posts too.

Maybe that's the point to this.  This blog is one more way to feel connected.  I've always needed a daily friend, and this blog is that for me now.  So follow along as I learn this lesson, the latest tribal version of throwing up smoke signals to see if anyone is out there paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment